Looking to Join our Team?
Below you can find the current opportunities we are actively searching for.
Big Thompson Brewery in Loveland CO is seeking qualified candidates to join our team as PART TIME ASSISTANT BREWER and to help in the taproom when needed. This position will have variable hours and will work in both the brewery and taproom when help is needed. The role is designed to grow and become more stable in the future for the proper candidate.
Key to the job is passion for craft beer, knowledge of beer styles, and enthusiasm to help in any way possible.
This position is part time with variable hours, some weeks there will be enough work to work 4-5 days including taproom some weeks it may be 1-2 days.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Assisting with brewing 10 (or sometimes 20) bbl batches on our 10 bbl system
- Cleaning/sanitizing tanks and other equipment
- Fermentation monitoring
- Packaging work such as keg washing, kegging, canning, and occasional bottling
- Participating in recipe formulation
- Detailed, accurate record keeping
- Cellar work such as beer clarification and transfer, barrel cleaning and filling, cold room organization, etc.
- …Oh, did we mention cleaning? Lots of cleaning
- Greet customers cheerfully and encouraging an atmosphere of hospitality in the taproom
- Collect money for drinks served.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Take beverage orders from patrons.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking by taking necessary steps.
- Stock bar.
- Pour and serve beer
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Serve snacks or small food items to customers.
- Upsell merchandise and food to patrons in the taproom.
- Pour or serve BTB beer at beer festivals and other events when scheduled.
- Must have thirst for craft beer.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work efficiently and stand for at least 6 hours.
- Must enjoy working with the public in a positively, friendly manner.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Must be able to serve and support BTB at beer festivals throughout Northern CO.
- Must have flexible/daytime availability
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Prior brewery experience. Ideally with brewing and packaging
- TIPS/Cicerone training, if not had previously will be required to get within 1 month of hire.
- Open availability during holiday travel time (Thanksgiving week and mid-Dec through mid-Jan)
- Home brewing experience: recipe development, creative uses of ingredients, problem solving
- Ability to multitask when working bar and given tasks in brewery.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a brief explanation why you think you’d be the right choice!
While this starts as part time and variable hour position, if you are a superstar team member, we will do everything we can to increase your role on our team.
Deadline to apply: October 22nd. Interviews will be the next week.